Monday, November 8, 2010

Miracles Do Happen!

If you've ever wondered about this, you can stop now!

I wrote a little over a year ago about my dear friend, Dr. Neil Spector, who is an oncologist at Duke. After battling cardiomyopathy for 12 years as a result of Lyme disease, he received a heart transplant in July 2009.

I'm pleased to report that Neil is back at work and thriving! I had lunch with him a couple of weeks ago, and was so grateful to be able to spend some time with him and reflect over the last 16 months. He's writing a book about his experiences over the last 12 years, and I made him promise I'd get one of the first ones - autographed!

Now he's turning his attention to starting the Inflammatory Breast Cancer Clinic at Duke. A terrible disease. How grateful we all are for his vision - and good health!

No comments: