Saturday, November 7, 2009

Breaking Ground on a New Cancer Center at Duke

I've just returned from the groundbreaking for the new $700 million Cancer Center building at Duke. What a wonderful celebration! And what a building! This will make such a difference in the lives of our patients and families. The building should be completed in 2011.

We combined the meetings of both of the Cancer Center boards to help celebrate the groundbreaking. I so enjoy these meetings, as well as seeing wonderful friends.

You may remember my posting in July about my friend, Dr. Neil Spector, regarding his heart transplant. I saw Neil for the first time since his surgery at this meeting, and he really looks wonderful. Everyone was trilled to see him, and I think that was the best medicine he could have. He's back at work now, and trying to get back into his old routine slowly but surely. What a miracle!

No comments: